If your apprentice or trainee was initially employed under a school based arrangement and has left school, or is no longer enrolled in SACE, you will need to apply to Regulation and Contract Management to vary the contract from a part-time (school-based) apprenticeship or traineeship to a part-time or full-time (non-school-based) apprenticeship or traineeship.

Similarly, if the apprentice or trainee has previously been working full-time in the apprenticeship or traineeship but wishes to change (temporarily or permanently) to a part-time arrangement, you need to apply to TAS.

Regardless of the changes, your apprentice/trainee must meet the minimum required hours of employment and training. Visit the Training And Skills Commission website and view the minimum hours in training and employment guidelines.

You must also comply with the underpinning industrial agreement.

You and your apprentice or trainee must agree to the changes.

To apply to change the hours of employment and training, download the Change of hours application form and send it to DSD using the fax, email or postal address on the form.

We will notify you with the outcome of your application in writing.

Print Page

Please help us improve our website by rating our page.

How useful was this page?

Thank you for rating our page.

I would like to give more feedback.

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit www.dfeest.sa.gov.au.

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.