How can an apprenticeship or traineeship be completed?
- when you and your apprentice or trainee agree that they have achieved competency in the workplace
- the training provider has certified that the qualification specified in the training contract has been successfully completed
- you and your apprentice or trainee have submitted an application to the Department of State Development to complete the training contract.
You can assist your apprentice or trainee to successfully complete by:
- providing them with the support and supervision they need for their on-job and off-job training
- assist them to apply the knowledge they have gained on-job
- contacting the Department of State Development if you experience any dispute or grievance with your apprentice or trainee that you have been unable to resolve in the workplace.
To apply to complete the training contract, complete and sign the form and return to the Department of State Development along with evidence of completion of the qualification your apprentice or trainee studied through the training contract. We will notify you with the outcome of your application in writing. If the application is approved, apprentices are issued a trade certificate and trainees a notice of completion.