Engineering is in the products and services we use every day.
Engineering is about the design and production of useful products and services – the water we drink, the buildings we live in and the appliances and vehicles that make our lives comfortable are all part of engineering.
Useful engineering links
- Concept 2 Creation - A program providing a way for schools and industry to work with students to introduce a ‘product life cycle’ approach to science, maths and technology education. Students and industry work together to solve a problem that requires a product or service using science, maths and technological knowledge they learn in their school subjects.
- Formula1 Technology Challenge - A worldwide secondary school technology program involving students as young as 10 designing, testing and making miniature F1 cars capable of 80km/h. An action learning program which focuses on developing long term employability skills, getting students interested and involved in engineering, design, science and math related classroom activity.
- STEM Sista - A professional development program for girls to help them realise they can have STEM related careers. It targets pathways to engineering careers and careers related to engineering.
- FIRST Lego League - A competitive, extra-curricular activity for teams of high school students. Students build and program robots to navigate a different challenge each year. Students must also complete and present a research project in the theme of each year’s challenge.
- Robogals - A program run by tertiary students to engage schoolgirls in engineering topics from a young age, with the long-term goal of increasing female enrolments in engineering, science and technology courses at universities. University student volunteers visit primary and high schools to run LEGO robotics workshops and mentor teams in LEGO robotics competition.