Talk to a career adviser​

Career advisers can show you practical steps to start, advance or change your career. They can assess your interests, help work out your goals, and link you to career, training and employment services.

Eligibility for WorkReady Career Services

You may be eligible to access Career Services through WorkReady if you are:

  • unemployed
  • underemployed and looking to work more hours
  • facing retrenchment.

Call our Skills and Employment Infoline on 1800 506 266 to check your eligibility, based on your circumstances.

The Infoline will help you find information you need about careers, jobs and training and connect you to local career services.

Career Services

If you’re looking for work, thinking about getting back into work, or want to work more hours, Career Services have experienced and qualified people who can help. They will provide one-on-one support to help you connect with the learning, training and work opportunities available to you. To find out more or check your eligibility for Career Services call our Skills and Employment Infoline on 1800 506 266.

Centrelink and jobactive providers

If you are unemployed, Centrelink may refer you to a jobactive provider who can talk to you about your existing skills, job prospects and training options.

Call Centrelink’s Employment Services on 13 28 50.

jobactive has services and support to help you find work. Visit Australian JobSearch.

School career advisers

If you are at school, your school career adviser or Vocational Education and Training (VET) coordinator or teacher can start you on a career path. They can help with subject choice for the sort of job you might want to do. They can also advise on VET which you can begin while you’re at school.

Learn more about Training for school students.

Universities, TAFE SA and training providers

Most training providers and universities offer information and career advice to current or intending students.

See Flinders University, University of South Australia and University of Adelaide.

TAFE SA has counsellors in most campuses across the state. If you’re thinking about going to TAFE, you can talk to them about career and learning pathways. They will also provide guidance while you’re studying.

Learn more about TAFE SA counselling.

Private career advisers

Private career advisers charge fees for their counselling. Some will provide a free initial consultation then charge hourly rates.

Find private career advisers listed on the Career Development Association of Australia website.

Print Page

Please help us improve our website by rating our page.

How useful was this page?

Thank you for rating our page.

I would like to give more feedback.

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.