Support is available if you're looking to start a new business or set up as a contractor.
Small business information and advice
If you need some support with business planning and development, a range of organisations offer their services online, by phone or face-to-face:
- for a wide range of information and assistance for businesses visit small business
- The Small Business Referral Service (run by the Department of State Development) – a telephone referral service for people thinking of starting a small business or those operating an existing business to the most appropriate sources of business information, counselling, advice or services. Contact the Referral Service on 1300 142 820
- for free advice and support contact your nearest Business Enterprise Centre
- for extensive information on planning, starting and running a business see business.gov.au. Business.gov.au runs a national small business advisory service. Contact business.gov.au on 13 28 46 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday or use webchat.
Funding and grants
- For programs currently available to South Australian businesses see grants and funding at www.sa.gov.au and funding for training.
- Find funding sources and advisory services for businesses across Australia and in South Australia on a national register.