Workforce planning helps you work out what staff your business needs and what skills these staff need.
What is workforce planning?
Workforce planning helps you decide what skills your business will need to grow.
Planning also helps you think about which of your employees need training, and what training they need.
Workforce planning and development involves:
- knowing your industry, region and business
- having a business plan and direction for the future
- considering what staff you need and what skills they need to have to help your business grow in that direction
- understanding what skills your staff have now and what training they might need
- working out how you might attract, recruit and keep new skilled staff.
Guides to workforce planning, and templates can help you develop a plan:
For detailed information on the workforce in South Australia, by industry, occupation and region, use the Workforce Wizard.
For information and advice on careers, skills and workforce development see Industry associations.
For other guides and reports on workforce planning and skills development see our Workforce Information Knowledge Centre.
Workforce Development Program
Funding is available for industry-wide projects that help develop workplaces, support workforce planning, and address workforce issues.
See Workforce Development Program.