Help is available for businesses looking to grow and develop. Talk to a specialist in your industry or region, search for grants and financial support, and find employees with the skills you need.
If you need some support with business planning and development, a range of organisations offer their services online, by phone or face-to-face.
Small business workforce planning
Help for your small business
Information and advice
- For a wide range of information and assistance for businesses see the Department of State Development Small Business website.
- For free advice and support contact your nearest Business Enterprise Centre.
- For extensive information on planning, starting and running a business visit business.gov.au.
- The Small Business Referral Service (run by the Department of State Development) – a telephone referral service, for people thinking of starting a small business or those operating an existing business, to the most appropriate sources of business information, counselling, advice or services. Contact the Referral Service on 1300 142 820.
- The Small Business Commissioner helps businesses that are treated unfairly by providing low-cost mediation services to resolve disputes.
- Ausindustry runs a national Small Business Advisory Service and Small Business Support Line. Contact the Support Line on 13 28 46 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Funding and grants
- For programs currently available to South Australian businesses see Funding and Grant at www.sa.gov.au and GRANTassist.
- Find funding sources and advisory services for businesses across Australia on the national Grant Finder.