Courses available for government subsidy
Funded Training List / Subsidised Training List
The Funded Training List (FTL) / Subsidised Training List (STL) shows subsidised training courses.
The FTL/STL is regularly released to add new and replacement courses, and remove courses that are no longer subsidised.
Training Providers must always check the current version of Funded Training List / Subsidised Training List when enrolling students.
The FTL/STL includes the following attributes:
- - (Dash) - no training accounts may be created for new students for the current period.
- ASBA & TGSS - training accounts may only be created for Eligible Students who either have a School Based Training Contract or who are Training Guarantee for SACE Students.
- ASBA & TGSS & Jobs First STL - training accounts may only be created for Eligible Students who either have a School Based Training Contract or who have an approved Training Guarantee for SACE arrangement. In addition from time to time, Training Providers may compete for WorkReady Jobs First STL projects if the course is on their Schedule of Courses.
- Fee free – identifies the course is fully subsidised with no Student Course Fee.
- Foundation Skills Guideline Applies - Foundation Skills Courses are available for eligible students to address any language, literacy and/or numeracy needs as identified in their assessment prior to enrolment in a course. See the Foundation Skills Guideline to read about the condition.
- Jobs First:STL - The list of courses available through Jobs First:STL. See the Jobs First: STL Projects Service Providers List (PDF) (Excel).
- No new enrolments (superseded) – indicates the course is superseded and the date when no new enrolments can be taken. This is generally 12 months from the date the superseded course was replaced on the national register (training.gov.au).
- No new enrolments (WorkReady) – Training Providers cannot create training accounts after the No New Enrolments date.
- Non-TAFE SA Places - the specific number next to each course (if any) will reflect the maximum number of training accounts that may be subsidised under the FTL / STL for Non-TAFE SA Training Providers.
- Non TAFE SA - TGSS Only - Non-TAFE SA Training Providers may only create training accounts in these courses for school students who have an approved TGSS arrangement in place or who have a School Based Training Contract.
- Number (1-9999) - the specific number next to each course (if any) will reflect the maximum number of training accounts that may be subsidised under the FTL / STL.
- TAFE SA Only - subsidised training places are only available through TAFE SA.
- TAFE SA Places - the specific number next to each course (if any) will reflect the maximum number of training accounts that may be subsidised under the FTL / STL for TAFE SA.
- TGSS – Training Accounts can only be created under the Training Guarantee for SACE Students arrangement.
- TGSS Approved Course - identifies the course is available under the Training Guarantee for SACE Students program.
- TGSS Only - Training Accounts can only be created under the Training Guarantee for SACE Students arrangement.
- Training Contract Only - identifies the course is only available where training is through a training contract, including School Based Training Contracts.
- Unlimited - there is no limit to the number of training accounts that may be created for this course, if the course is on the Training Provider’s Schedule of Courses.
Subsidised Training List 2.0 (STL 2.0) May 2016
For the details of this release refer to Subsidised Training List 2.0 which will come into effect on 1 July 2016.
New qualification available
One new course has been added to the STL.
||Certificate II in Process Plant Operations
140 replacement courses have been added to the STL.
Training providers with any of these courses on their ASQA scope may apply to add them to their Schedule of Courses when the Online Training Provider Application tool is accessible from Monday 6 June 2016.
See Replacement courses.
Course availability changed
9 courses currently on the STL will now be available under Jobs First.
||Certificate II in Agriculture
||Certificate II in Horticulture
||Certificate II in Rural Operations
||Certificate III in Rural Operations
||Certificate IV in Youth Work
||Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
||Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
||Certificate II in Hospitality
||Certificate III in Driving Operations
No New Enrolments – Courses removed
10 courses that were previously assigned a No New Enrolment (WorkReady) date of 30 June 2016 have been removed from the list.
90 courses that have passed their ASQA No New Enrolment date have been removed from the list.
See the full list of courses removed.
Planning process for Subsidised Training List release
Read the WorkReady Planning Process for a high level overview of the planning process undertaken by the Department of State Development to support the release of the STL.
Apply to add a course to the Subsidised Training List
To apply to have courses added to the Subsidised Training List, complete the Application to add courses to the Subsidised Training List form. Once completed, email your application to WorkReady@sa.gov.au.