Courses available for government subsidy
Subsidised Training List
The Subsidised Training List (STL) shows the range of courses that may be subsidised through the South Australian Government's WorkReady initiative.
The STL is routinely updated and released to add new and replacement courses and to remove courses that are no longer subsidised. The STL also displays information about funding conditions and the number of places available to providers for the funding period. Funding periods generally run for six months and are announced and communicated via the STL.
Training Providers must always check the current version of STL when enrolling students.
Guide to terms used on the STL:
- - (Dash) - no Training Accounts may be created for new students.
- ASBA & TGSS - Training Accounts may only be created for eligible students who either have an Australian School Based Apprenticeship (ASBA) or who are undertaking Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS).
- ASBA & TGSS & Jobs First - Training Accounts may only be created for eligible students who either have an ASBA or TGSS arrangement. In addition, Training Providers with the course on their Schedule can compete to deliver training places through a Jobs First Project submission.
- Fee free – identifies the course where no Student Course Fee can be charged.
- Foundation Skills Course - courses determined by the Minister, from time to time, to be Foundation Skills Courses.
- Jobs First - The list of courses available through Jobs First. See the Jobs First: STL Projects Service Providers List (PDF) (Excel).
- No New Enrolments (Superseded) – indicates the course is superseded. The date represents the end of the period in which all students’ training and assessment must be completed and the relevant certification documentation issued; or students are transferred to the replacement course. This is 12 months from the date the superseded course was replaced on the national register (training.gov.au) unless specified otherwise by ASQA.
- No New Enrolments (WorkReady) – Training Providers cannot create training accounts after the No New Enrolments date.
- Non-TAFE SA Places - the number next to each course (if any) will reflect the number of Training Accounts that may be created by Non-TAFE SA Training Providers.
- Non TAFE SA - TGSS Only - Approved Non-TAFE SA Training Providers may only create Training Accounts in these courses for school enrolled students who have an approved TGSS or ASBA arrangement in place.
- Number (1-9999) - the number next to each course (if any) will reflect the number of Training Accounts that may be established in the course.
- TAFE SA Only - subsidised training places are only available through TAFE SA.
- TAFE SA Places -the number next to each course (if any) will reflect the number of Training Accounts that may be created by TAFE SA.
- TGSS – Training Accounts can only be created for school enrolled students (16 and above) undertaking TGSS arrangements.
- TGSS Approved Course - identifies the course is available to be delivered under TGSS arrangements.
- TGSS Only - Training Accounts can only be created for students undertaking TGSS arrangements.
- Training Contract Only - identifies the course is only available where training is through a Training Contract, including under ASBA arrangements.
- Unlimited - Training Accounts can be established on demand where course conditions (i.e. Training Contract Only) are met if the course is on the Training Provider’s Schedule.
Subsidised Training List 2.0 (STL 2.0)
For the details of this release refer to Subsidised Training List 2.0 effective from 1 July 2016.
New qualification available
One new course has been added to the STL.
||Certificate II in Process Plant Operations
140 replacement courses have been added to the STL.
Training providers with any of these courses on their ASQA scope may apply to add them to their Schedule of Courses.
See Replacement courses.
Course availability changed
9 courses currently on the STL will now be available under Jobs First.
||Certificate II in Agriculture
||Certificate II in Horticulture
||Certificate II in Rural Operations
||Certificate III in Rural Operations
||Certificate IV in Youth Work
||Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
||Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
||Certificate II in Hospitality
||Certificate III in Driving Operations
No New Enrolments – Courses removed
10 courses that were previously assigned a No New Enrolment (WorkReady) date of 30 June 2016 have been removed from the list.
90 courses that have passed their ASQA No New Enrolment date have been removed from the list.
See the full list of courses removed.
Planning process for Subsidised Training List release
Read the Workready Planning Process for a high level overview of the planning process undertaken by the Department of State Development to support the release of the STL.
Apply to add a course to the Subsidised Training List
To apply to have courses added to the Subsidised Training List, complete the Application to add courses to the Subsidised Training List form. Once completed, email your application to WorkReady@sa.gov.au.