Government of South Australia logo

What you need to know to become a training provider​

Become a registered training organisation and then a Skills for All Training Provider to be part of the Government of South Australia’s Skills for All training scheme.

Changes to Training Provider legislation from 26 March 2012

The South Australian Parliament passed legislation referring the regulation to the Commonwealth on 1 March 2012. On 26 March 2012, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) took on the registration of training providers, accreditation of courses, and other associated regulatory activity.

Visit ASQA for more information.

How it works

To offer nationally accredited training under the Australian Qualifications Framework, you must become a registered training organisation (RTO).

Registered training organisations

RTOs are providers of nationally recognised training and assessment services which have met national quality assurance standards. Only RTOs:

  • can deliver, assess and issue parchments for nationally recognised courses and qualifications
  • are eligible to apply for State and Commonwealth Government funding for accredited training 
  • can use the Nationally Recognised Training logo on all qualifications and statements of attainment that they issue
  • are eligible to apply to become South Australian Skills for All Training Providers.

Find out more about becoming an RTO

Skills for All Training Providers

From 2 July 2012, if you want to offer government funded training through Skills for All, you will need to be an RTO and then gain approval from the South Australian Government to become a Skills for All Training Provider. Under the new scheme, eligible students choose their Skills for All Training Provider, who are funded for the training delivered, according to prescribed rules set out in the Training Provider contract and associated documents.


 RTOs are invited to apply for approval as Skills for All Training Providers.

Print Page

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.