How to become a registered training organisation​

Become a registered training organisation and then a Training Provider with a contract to offer subsidised training.

Registered training organisations (RTOs)

RTOs are providers of nationally recognised training and assessment services which have met national quality assurance standards.

To offer nationally accredited training under the Australian Qualifications Framework, you must become a registered training organisation.

Only RTOs:

  • can deliver, assess and issue parchments for nationally recognised courses and qualifications
  • are eligible to apply for State and Commonwealth Government funding for accredited training 
  • can use the Nationally Recognised Training logo on all qualifications and statements of attainment that they issue
  • are eligible to apply to become South Australian Contracted Training Providers.

How to register as a RTO

The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) looks after the registration of training providers, accreditation of courses and other training regulation activity.

To find out more about registering to become a RTO, visit ASQA.

WorkReady Training Providers

If you want to offer government subsidised training, you will need to be a RTO and then gain a contract with the South Australian Government to become a WorkReady Training Provider. 

Under WorkReady, eligible students choose their  Training Provider, who is subsidised for the training delivered, according to agreed rules set out in the Training Provider Contract and associated documents.

See the Training Provider Contract.

Find out how to become a WorkReady Training Provider.


Print Page

Please help us improve our website by rating our page.

How useful was this page?

Thank you for rating our page.

I would like to give more feedback.

Welcome to Skills for All

Welcome to our new website for career, training, apprenticeship and traineeship, funding and workforce information. Training providers and apprenticeship and traineeship users can log in to STELA, ATIS and their Skills for All Provider Application from this home page.

For information about Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology policies, science, research and digital technology services, and news releases visit

For help to find what you need, call our Infoline on 1800 506 266.