Ongoing professional development is vital for a Registered Training Organisation.
Professional development in 2013
The 2013 calendar is designed to assist you to plan for the workforce development needs of your employees.
Registered Training Organisations and Skills for All training providers are encouraged to participate in the seminars, workshops and training sessions which have been themed to accommodate the needs of staff in a variety of roles - from new trainers to experienced leaders, quality assurance and administration staff.
The Professional Development Calendar runs from March until October. This year offers a structured program which includes:
The How to... series: exploring themes of competency building, aimed at all levels and covering standards, assessment, training packages, sustainability, copyright and innovation.
- The Leadership series: offering development for advanced practitioners.
- The Occasional series: offering contemporary professional development opportunities to different audiences. Topics will include current issues and directions such as Skills For All updates and a range of topical speakers. Invitations to these events will be sent throughout the year.
Each professional development workshop is targeted to specific audience within the following categories:
- Basic: aimed at the novice VET practitioner who has not been in the training industry very long and activities are targeted to a basic level of understanding and awareness.
- Intermediate: aimed at the established VET practitioner who has developed a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of the sector.
- Advanced: aimed at the VET practitioner who has an advanced knowledge of the VET system and may lead or mentor others in the training sector.
We will include detailed information relating to the targeted audience for each workshop.
- Each three-hour workshop is $88.00 (including GST).
- Leadership Programs between 2 – 4 full days and are $550.00 (including GST).
- Occasional Series some are full day workshops that have a cost of $198.00 (including GST), some workshops are free.
Registrations for workshops will be taken until 24 hours prior to the event.
Payments can be made online with Visa or MasterCard. To pay via invoice contact email@example.com and include all email addresses of those you wish to register and your RTO business address.
You can register for more than one workshop at a time. If you want separate tax invoices for each participant, complete individual registration forms.
If there are insufficient numbers for a session and it is cancelled you will be notified by email or telephone and offered an alternative session or a full refund.
Early registration is recommended as venue capacity is limited for each workshop. If the workshop is full you can be placed on a waiting list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to you via the Bizgate payment system. You will receive no other confirmation. Note that your tax invoice verifies registration. Bring your tax invoice to the workshop.
Learn more about refund of fees under Terms and conditions.
Each person who has registered and verified their attendance at a workshop will receive a statement of attendance via email. Please allow up to 10 working days for the certificate to be sent.
Keep up-to-date with issues relating to VET and higher education in South Australia by subscribing to Qualit-e-news. See stay informed and sign up to Qualit-e-news.
Or keep up-to-date with workforce planning and development information by subscribing to the WorkforceInfo Newsletter at stay informed.
For online professional development for RTOs visit SA E-learning Support Services.