If you’re in the final year of your university studies, or have completed a university degree within the last four years, you can join the SA Government Graduate Register. Your details will be available to government departments interested in recruiting recent graduates.
You will be able to apply for jobs advertised on the Register and those advertised as External vacancy - Open to everyone through Jobs SA.
To register you must:
- have a valid email address and access to a computer to create and manage your Graduate Registration.
- be an Australian citizen or be eligible to work in Australia
- have completed a university degree within the last four years or be within one year of successfully completing a degree. Overseas qualifications must be assessed against Australian standards to be eligible. See recognition of overseas qualifications to find out if you are eligible.
Note: If you are short-listed for an interview, you will need to provide evidence of your qualifications and residential status.
Register on the SA Government Graduate Register and upload your CV.
Once you have registered
Your Graduate Registration will be added to the pool of available candidates for government graduate vacancies. You are entitled to remain on the Graduate Register for a period of three years from the date of your registration.
All South Australian Government agencies have access to the Register and when a graduate position in your area of expertise becomes available your registration may be considered.
You will be able to apply for roles advertised on the Graduate Register and those advertised as External vacancy - Open to everyone through Jobs SA.
If you have completed a period of public sector employment after being recruited from the Graduate Register, you are eligible to access public sector vacancies for ‘South Australian Public Sector Employees Only’ for a period of three years following the end date of your contract if you are registered on the Skills Register.
Information for employers
The SA Government Graduate Register is an online database containing the details of registered graduates seeking employment in the Government of South Australia.
South Australian government agencies can use the Graduate Register to recruit graduates. Government agencies wishing to access the Graduate Register to advertise a position or recruit a graduate should send an email request for the creation of a Graduate Register User Account to firstname.lastname@example.org nominating a person from their organisation. The request must be endorsed by their Manager/Director for them to access the Graduate Register.
How does the Graduate Register work?
There are two ways that public sector agencies can use the Graduate Register.
- search the database and short list candidates for vacancies at the graduate level
- use the online recruitment tool to advertise a specific position or annual graduate intake, then collect and assess registered candidates' applications online.
What are the benefits of using the Graduate Register?
- access a pool of available candidates with a diverse range of qualifications
- save time and money by taking advantage of our existing system and promotion
- centralised recruitment reduces confusion for graduates.
Many graduates possess desirable skills and are eager and able to transfer these skills to the public sector workplace. With good support, development and performance management, they can be a fantastic investment for your agency.
For more information and assistance about the Register call our Infoline or visit the Register.