Provide your feedback on the proposed approach to implementing the Skilling Australians Fund. The fund intends to support an additional 300,000 apprenticeships and traineeships nationally over four years.
The Government of South Australia has committed to providing $100 million to secure matched funding to support an additional 20,800 apprenticeship and traineeship commencements in South Australia.
Consult industry on the proposed approach to implementing the Skilling Australians Fund to:
- identify opportunities for increasing apprenticeship and traineeship commencements
- understand industry’s perspective on the supports required to increase commencements and completions.
Feedback provided during this initial engagement phase will inform negotiations with the Australian Government.
For further information about this engagement opportunity, please read the fact sheet.
Additional references are also available to assist you with providing feedback.
To participate in the consultation process:
- Complete the feedback form by 17 April 2018 for industry associations, representative bodies and training providers
- Attend a stakeholder workshop in late April or early May 2018. Register to:
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders including peak bodies and industry associations, to be arranaged by the Department.
You can also provide your feedback to the Skills and Employment Infoline on 1800 506 266 or email email@example.com.
The Department will be seeking industry input for Skilling South Australia in 2018 to a range of other initiatives including:
- streamlining Employer Registrations
- delivery of the Skilling Australians Fund (20,800 new apprenticeships and traineeships over the next 4 years)
- flexible Apprenticeship Pathways
- support for Group Training Organisations.
In addition, the Training and Skills Commission will engage with industry through:
- Industry Priority Qualification (IPQ) Survey
- A Discussion Paper: Future proofing the apprenticeship and traineeship system.