Get help to improve your reading, writing and number skills. You can also learn skills for further training and work in your local area.
Adult Community Education (ACE) providers in your area can help you improve your reading, writing and number skills. Many ACE providers also offer programs to help you get computer and other workplace skills.
You’ll learn with other adults in small groups, or even get one on one coaching. ACE programs are usually free or low cost.
Skills you can learn include:
- using a computer
- getting your Ls – road rules, signs and road markings, and safety
- getting your P1s – operate a vehicle safely under the guidance of a driving instructor
- working in community services - senior first aid, and child-safe environments
- doing basic home maintenance – safety procedures, emergency situations
- getting Office skills – tables, charts, graphs, word processing and desktop publishing software, internet.
For help with reading, writing and numbers, contact the ACE providers and services in your area or call our Infoline.