If you have qualifications and/or skills and experience in a profession, para profession or trade we provide a range of free services to have your overseas qualifications assessed and support you to find skilled work in South Australia.
Applying for assessment of overseas qualifications and skills
You can apply to get your overseas qualifications and skills assessed if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- a permanent resident
- or a person on a temporary visa or provisional visa with work rights in Australia.
Documents you need to apply for assessment of your qualifications and skills
- pre-migration assessments (original or certified copies) if available
- passport and evidence of your residence status in Australia
- qualification/s (original or certified copies)
- any certificates relating to apprenticeship or indentures
- academic record/s (original or certified copies)
- certified English translations of qualifications and academic records
- proof of name change (for example, a marriage certificate or certified marriage extract).
Translations of documents not written in English can be obtained from the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). A list of accredited translators and their contact details can be found at NAATI.
Some occupations and professions require registration, licences or membership of a professional association. We can refer you to professional associations, and/or registration and licensing organisations if necessary. Some professional and trade organisations charge fees for membership, certification and/or assessments.
Read more about these occupations:
For more information, contact the Infoline, visit us at the Skills for All Infocentre or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.