Your business may be eligible for funding and assistance to support growth in apprenticeship opportunities.
Skilling South Australia Advisor Service
A dedicated advisor service is available to support employers and industry to take on an apprentice or trainee.
Advisors can provide you with information about incentives, training, funding, employer registration, the training system and link you with an Apprenticeship Network Provider to help find you an apprentice or trainee.
To connect with a Skilling South Australia Advisor, call the Infoline on 1800 673 097.
Skilling South Australia Projects
We’re committed to working with you on creative project ideas resulting in apprenticeships or higher apprenticeships at the diploma and advanced diploma levels.
Once your expression of interest has been submitted and assessed, a Skilling South Australia advisor may work directly with you to co-design the project and progress your proposal.
To apply for Skilling South Australia Projects, see Express your interest for a Skilling South Australia Project.
Travel and accommodation allowance
Employers can apply for a Travel and Accommodation Allowance for apprentices and trainees who are required to travel long distances to their training provider.
For more information, see Apply for travel and accommodation allowance.
Equipped for Work
Equipped for Work supports eligible employers and individuals by reimbursing them for the costs of goods and services that are required for the commencement of an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Funding is available through payments of up to $1,000 per commencement, made directly to you or your eligible apprentice or trainee.
To be eligible for Equipped for Work, you must:
- contact a Skilling South Australia Advisor about employing a new apprentice
- demonstrate that the support is required to achieve the commencement
- have, or plan to have, an employee commencing as a new worker under a training contract after 7 September 2018.
To be eligible for Equipped for Work, your apprentice or trainee must:
- have started their apprenticeship or traineeship after 7 September 2018
- have a confirmed offer of employment under a training contract as a new worker after 7 September 2018
- demonstrate that they need support to start or continue their apprenticeship or traineeship.
A new worker is defined as a person who has been employed by the employer for less than three months full-time or less than 12 months casual or part-time (or a combination of both), immediately prior to the commencement of their training contract.
What can be funded?
Equipped for Work reimburses employers and individuals for the costs of equipment or services needed to start an apprenticeship or traineeship, including:
- tools, clothing and equipment
- car licensing, registration or driving lessons
- police checks and other clearances
- medical assessments or drug tests
- professional services for employers (eg. legal, financial, consulting services) to support employers in employing, or considering employing, an apprentice.
For more information and to connect with a Skilling South Australia Advisor, call our Infoline on 1800 673 097.