Diversify your workplace and tap into a valuable pool of talent by employing Aboriginal job seekers.
Governor’s Aboriginal Employment Industry Clusters help businesses employ Aboriginal people
The Industry Clusters are groups of employers helping to increase the number of Aboriginal people employed in their industry.
Employers in each cluster lead their industry by identifying job opportunities for Aboriginal job seekers. This raises the profile of participating industries and helps attract the best talent.
Cluster members have access to support services including:
- Help to recruit Aboriginal staff, including apprentices and trainees
- Support and mentoring for your Aboriginal staff
- Links with other employers who have successfully taken on Aboriginal staff
- Cultural Respect training for you and your staff
- Networking with other industry leaders through the Governor’s Aboriginal Employment Industry Cluster meetings and events
- Activities that raise your business profile such as the South Australian Aboriginal STEM Camp.
To get involved in boosting Aboriginal participation in your industry, call the Infoline on 1800 627 849.
Financial incentives to take on Aboriginal apprentices and trainees
To find out about incentives and assistance to employ an Aboriginal apprentice or trainee, see Aboriginal apprenticeships and traineeships.