Your child or student can earn while they learn and get a head start on their career through a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship.
Year 10, 11 and 12 students can start an apprenticeship or traineeship, gaining real-world experience and working towards a nationally-recognised qualification while they’re still at school.
Benefits for students include:
- starting their chosen career at school
- earning a wage while they learn
- hands-on industry experience in the trade or vocation of their choice
- their vocational education and training (VET) contributes towards their SACE
- a ready-made pathway when they finish school with their training converting to full-time or part-time.
For more information and to see if your child is eligible, see School-based apprenticeships and traineeships.