The accredited training covers:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge of the basis of infection and transmission.
Upon completion of the training, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.
To receive ‘COVID-clean’ training, people must be:
- working in a customer-facing role, including business owners and supervisors, in retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning, security services, aged care or disability services in South Australia
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent Australian resident or an eligible visa holder, and
- 16 years or older and not enrolled at school.
‘COVID clean’ training is delivered by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
Find a training provider delivering ‘COVID clean’ training for your industry below.
If you are an RTO interested in delivering ‘COVID clean’ training, please email COVIDclean@sa.gov.au.
‘COVID clean’ training is subsidised by the Australian Government and the Government of South Australia.
A small co-contribution of $15 per enrolment is payable by the individual or their employer.
To enrol in ‘COVID clean’ training, speak with a registered training provider delivering for your industry. They will let you know when the next ‘COVID clean’ training will be delivered, how to sign up and what to expect.