Businesses across South Australia can access extra support to continue skills training, with the following options available:
- Equipped for Growth - up to $5000 small business boost when you hire a new apprentice. For a limited time for training contracts, with a minimum Certificate III level qualification, in place by 16 October 2020 (subject to funding availability).
- Equipped for Work – up to $1500 reimbursed for equipment and services, including online training and working from home expenses when you hire an apprentice and have not received funding for the same training contract though Equipped for Growth. A funding increase from $1000 to $1500 is available until 16 October 2020
- Equipped for Training – a Travel and Accommodation Allowance contributing to the cost for your apprentice’s off-the job training.
- Group Training Boost – a reduced charge out rate of up to $200 per week per apprentice or trainee for six months, to reduce costs associated with the impact of COVID-19, for eligible commencements from 2 March 2020 – up to $5200 off the GTO charge out rate in total
- Flexible Apprenticeships Employer Bonus Payment - a bonus payment of $3,000 for employers of the first 1,000 school enrolled students who successfully complete their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) as well as their apprenticeship.
Have you already registered to take on apprentices?
If you’ve already registered to take on apprentices, you may be eligible to apply for additional financial support now.
If you’re considering taking on an apprentice and want to find out how employing an apprentice can deliver real benefits to your business before registering, see about apprentices.
If you’re ready to register and want to find more, see hiring an apprentice.
Want to know more?
While we are experiencing challenging times right now, investing in an apprentice can add value to your business that will extend far beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information and to talk to one of our SA Skills Link advisors at a time that suits you, register your details.