We're reimbursing essential purchases
Get reimbursed up to $1000 for the costs of equipment or services needed to start an apprenticeship, including:
- tools, clothing and equipment
- car licensing, registration or driving lessons
- police checks and other clearances
- medical assessments or drug tests.
Depending on who incurred the costs, payments can be made directly to an eligible apprentice or their employer. Either way, you’ll need to apply within 90 days of the commencement of the Training Contract.
You may be eligible if:
- the apprenticeship started as a ‘new worker’ after 7 September 2018
- you can show support is needed to start the apprenticeship by providing a description of what is needed, how the cost is preventing commencement, and your receipts
- your Training Contract is not being supported through a Skilling South Australia Project.
To give you peace of mind, you can be pre-approved for purchases and then reimbursed once you’ve given us your receipts and a copy of the Training Contract or Letter of Offer. Your pre-approval will remain valid for up to 90 days.