Supporting evidence to assist with the assessment of your application. Where relevant, please include:
- Photo or video evidence of the workplace, equipment and machinery the apprentice will be working in or using
- Relevant occupational license details
- Certificates of Compliance (for registration in the electrical, plumbing and gas-fitting trades)
We need to know the name of the legal entity that that is employing the apprentice(s). Your legal name is not necessarily the same as your business name. If you’re not sure of the difference, you can find out more at business.gov.au.
If you are unsure of your legal name, your accountant, lawyer or HR department should be able to help.
Employers in a licensed occupation must have the appropriate licence.
The body corporate (e.g. a Pty Ltd company) must hold its own licence.
For more information about occupational licensing, visit Consumer and Business Services.
Apprentices need to train under the supervision of qualified and experienced workers, so we assess the credentials of the nominated supervisors (for example, hairdressing supervisors need to provide evidence of successful completion of Certificate III in Hairdressing).
Supervisors of apprentices in plumbing, gas-fitting, and electrotechnology must have the appropriate worker’s registration.
As an employer, you provide on-the-job training to your apprentices and the Registered Training Organisation provides off-the-job training. To ensure your business is ready to give apprentices relevant on-the-job training, we need to check it has:
- appropriate facilities, equipment and experienced supervisors to support training and supervision of apprentices in line with the training plan
- relevant work appropriate to the vocation and to the successful completion of the qualification in the training contract.