So you're into working with your hands?
Does nothing scare you more than an office job? Do you like pulling things apart and putting them back together? Or maybe just starting from scratch and creating something new and useful?
You're probably a pretty handy person. And handy to have around, because we're not all as good as you are at fixing or building things. The world needs people like you.
We've put together a list of some of the jobs out there that can put your skills to good use.
Careers for you
- Airconditioning and refrigeration mechanics
- Aircraft maintenance engineers
- Aquaculture farmers
- Aquaculture workers
- Bakers and pastrycooks
- Boat builders and shipwrights
- Bricklayers and stonemasons
- Butchers and smallgoods makers
- Carpenters and joiners
- Commercial cleaners
- Construction managers
- Deck and fishing hands
- Drillers, miners and shot firers
- Earthmoving plant operators
- Electrical distribution trades workers
- Electronics trades workers
- Roof tilers
- Garden and nursery labourers
- Laundry workers
- Massage therapists
- Meat, poultry and seafood process workers
- Metal engineering process workers
- Motor vehicle parts and accessories fitters
- Painting trades workers
- Precision metal trades workers
- Print finishers and screen printers
- Product assemblers
- Railway track workers
- Sheetmetal trades workers
- Structural steel and welding trades workers
- Telecommunications trades workers
- Transport and dispatch clerks
- Truck drivers
- Vehicle body builders and trimmers
- Vehicle painters
- Wall and floor tilers
- Wood machinists and other wood trades workers
Guy's passion for working with his hands led him to his role as a carpenter at Genemax.
Excited to take the next step?
Head to our Course Search to find a course that best suits your passion.