skills.sa.gov.au is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Skills.sa.gov.au site and governs data collection and usage. By using the skills.sa.gov.au site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your personal information
skills.sa.gov.au collects personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Skills.sa.gov.au also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your post code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by skills.sa.gov.au. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by skills.sa.gov.au for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the skills.sa.gov.au site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through skills.sa.gov.au public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: skills.sa.gov.au does not read any of your private online communications.
skills.sa.gov.au encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from skills.sa.gov.au so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. skills.sa.gov.au is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of skills.sa.gov.au and the skills.sa.gov.au family of websites.
Use of your personal information
skills.sa.gov.au collects and uses your personal information to operate the skills.sa.gov.au website and deliver the services you have requested. skills.sa.gov.au also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from skills.sa.gov.au and its affiliates. skills.sa.gov.au may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
skills.sa.gov.au does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. skills.sa.gov.au may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, skills.sa.gov.au may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to skills.sa.gov.au, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
skills.sa.gov.au does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
skills.sa.gov.au keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within skills.sa.gov.au, in order to determine what skills.sa.gov.au services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within skills.sa.gov.au to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
skills.sa.gov.au websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on skills.sa.gov.au or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of skills.sa.gov.au; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of skills.sa.gov.au, or the public.
The skills.sa.gov.au websites use "cookies" to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a webpage server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise skills.sa.gov.au pages, or register with skills.sa.gov.au site or services, a cookie helps skills.sa.gov.au to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same skills.sa.gov.au website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the skills.sa.gov.au features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the skills.sa.gov.au services or websites you visit.
Security of your personal information
skills.sa.gov.au secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. skills.sa.gov.au secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this statement
skills.sa.gov.au will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. skills.sa.gov.au encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how skills.sa.gov.au is protecting your information.
skills.sa.gov.au welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that skills.sa.gov.au has not adhered to this Statement, please contact skills.sa.gov.au at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
To ensure all visitors can easily find information, the skills.sa.gov.au website has been designed to include a number of accessibility features. These features will be of particular benefit to visitors with disabilities.
To alter the text size:
choose View > Text Size from the browser menu
or press <Ctrl> while scrolling up or down with mouse scroll wheel
or press <Ctrl> '+' or '-' in Mozilla browsers (such as Firefox)
Alternative text descriptions have been applied to images so you know what the image is about even when you choose not to display images in your browser.
All text, colours, and the layout of this website are controlled by style sheets (or CSS) which makes it possible to use your own styles to view this site.
- Use of the information and data contained within this site or these pages is at your sole risk.
- If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
- This site includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
- All linked websites are linked 'as is' and the Government of South Australia:
- does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this site
- does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this site
- does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world
- does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this site to those other websites.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this site you do so at your own risk.
- The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice. The Government of South Australia may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this page.
- The Government of South Australia, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this site or any linked website into another language
- make no representations as to the availability of the site and the availability of websites linked from or to the site
- accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the site and any information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data)
- make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose
- accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this site or its use or any website linked to this site
- do not represent or warrant that applications or payments initiated through this site will in fact be received or made to the intended recipient. Users are advised to confirm the application or payment by other means.
The Government of South Australia supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information.
Copyright subsists in all material included on this website and is either owned by or licensed to the Government of South Australia.
Copyright material that is not owned by the Government of South Australia is clearly identified and use of this material by you including reproduction and communication may be subject to restrictions imposed by the copyright owner.
The Government of South Australia has undertaken reasonable enquiries to identify material owned by third parties and secure permission for its reproduction. Permission may need to be obtained from third parties to re-use their material.
Use of information
Subject to any specific licence terms that may apply or any restrictions placed on this material by a third party owner, copyright material on this website may be reproduced, or made available online or electronically. Any reproduction of the copyright material must include an acknowledgement of the copyright owner (the Government of South Australia or relevant third party owner as the case may be).
Subject to any specific licence terms that may apply, copyright material on this website must not be altered without the permission of the copyright owner (the Government of South Australia or relevant third party owner as the case may be).
The piping shrike emblem and any material protected by a trademark must not be reproduced or otherwise made available without the prior written approval of the Government of South Australia.
Specific licence terms
Where specific licence terms (such as Creative Commons) are applied to pages of this website, or to any material or products on this website, those licence terms shall prevail over any inconsistent provisions on this website.
Use of images and graphics
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright in all images and graphics on this website is owned by a third party.
Additional terms for use of material
When using content from this website that is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence, you are required to attribute the work in the manner specified in the licence (but not in any way that suggests that the Government of South Australia endorses you or your use of the work) and the Government of South Australia requires that you use the following form of attribution:
If you use Government of South Australia material from this website: site attribution to:
Department for Industry and Skills, the Government of South Australia, >>title of works<<, Sourced on >>insert date the content was sourced<<, >> insert URL<<’
Example: The Department of the Premier and Cabinet, the Government of South Australia, Services for Business and the Community, Sourced on 22 November 2016, http://www.dpc.sa.gov.au/what-we-do/services-for-business-and-the-community
To make an enquiry about the use of material on this website, see Contact us.
If you reached this page from another government website, please return to that site and use the contact information provided there.